This article contains
- What is Malware
- Malware Threats
- Malware Trends & Facts
- Types of Malware and how it Works
- How to safeguard yourself against malicious attack?
- Be Proactive – ACT Against Malware Today
A Google search on ‘Malware’ produces 8,01,00,000 results in less than a second (0.54 seconds). A research article published on International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Development highlights United States council of Economic Advisers’ estimation about the impact of malware on the U.S economy as between $57 billion and $109 billon in 2016. This shows the enormous impact of malware and it is high time to be aware, alert and take action.
Quite often data security as well as network security is compromised due to malicious attacks. Similar to data security for users and organizations, network security in a computer network is very essential to effectively handle intrusions and information theft.
What is Malware?
So, what is Malware? Malware is a contraction of the terms malicious software. It is a software program specifically designed to attack as well as damage, disable, or interrupt computers and/or networks.
According to University of Massachusetts Amherst:
- Malware is mostly bundled with other software and installed discreetly.
- Malware is highly difficult to remove.
- Malware threatens privacy.
- Malware critically impacts computer security.
Types of Malware and how it Works
Malware comes in different avatars, namely, Virus, Trojans, Worms, Ransomeware, Spyware, Adware and Botnets. Malware attaches itself to the elements of a web page, pop-up ads, toolbars, and free applications that you download, games, and so on.
If an innocuous user clicks on any of these components, malware will sneak into their computer system or network. Once malware moves into a computer it is capable of stealing anything from music files to more critical information such as login credentials, bank account details, and personal data. The breach on data privacy and data security is unimaginable.
How to safeguard yourself against malicious attack?
Are you worried about your IT security? Do you want to ensure high data confidentiality?
Here are certain useful steps helping you to avoid malware attacks.
- Install anti malware software
- Scan your downloads carefully
- Check whether a link is safe
However, please be aware that these are not enough. Today, cyber criminals come up with sophisticated ways to intrude into your computers and networks. Intruders in network security act very smart.
But, don’t worry. We can help!
Be Proactive – ACT Against Malware Today
We respect your data privacy and we ensure your data security.
DIMA Warrior IT security experts have come up with a bulletproof DNS anti malware system that acts proactively. We provide strong, agile and solid data and network security at DNS level to ensure that your data is safe, secure and intact.
Get to know about DIMA Warrior Effective & Proactive Malware Prevention.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 8667313710
Internet Security | Proactive Protection, 24/7
Malware Trends & Facts
- January 2019 has witnessed the release of around two billion hacked records – 1,769,185,063 to be precise.
- MS Office is the major attack point. Almost 38 percent of malware is now being concealed as a Word document.
- In 2018, the cost of the average data breach has notably increased by 6.4 percent to $3.86 million.
- Given the current trends, total cost of malware will reach $6 trillion by 2021.
- Your phone is now a primary target. Around 24,000 malicious apps are being blocked every day
- Out of 4,000 organizations, more than 70 percent are not prepared to handle security breach
- In 50,000 security incidents, email is mainly responsible at 92 percent of cases.
- 76 percent of attackers are driven by financial gains
- Only 25 percent of consumers feel safe about their data
- More than 60 percent of attacks are targeting small businesses.